Most dental practices require at least two appointments spaced several weeks apart to place a dental crown. This can be both inconvenient and time-consuming. Fortunately, you may be a candidate for a more convenient solution from your family dentist in Evergreen — same day crowns. Using innovative technology and an in-house milling unit, they may be able to design, create, and attach a beautiful, custom crown in a single day! Let’s talk about how this process works and how it can benefit you.
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a custom-made cap that fits over the visible portion of a tooth. A crown can:
- Protect a badly decayed or damaged tooth
- Restore the shape and function of a broken tooth
- Improve the appearance of a severely discolored or misshapen tooth
- Strengthen a tooth that has undergone a root canal
- Support a dental bridge
The Same Day Restoration Process
The same day crown process begins when your dentist numbs the tooth and the area around it. Then, it is necessary to reshape the tooth so it fits well under the crown. Digital, no-mess impressions capture images of the tooth, and the dentist uses this data to design the restoration and then craft it in an in-house milling unit.
After a few hours, you’ll return to the office so your dentist can make sure the crown fits perfectly. Finally, they’ll attach the crown to your teeth, and you can go on your way with your gorgeous, strong, restored smile!
Same day technology can also be used to craft dental bridges in order to replace one or more missing teeth. The process may take longer than designing and placing a crown because a bridge is a larger restoration and requires the modification of multiple teeth. However, the overall steps in the design and restoration process are the same.
The Benefits of Same Day Crowns
Some of the most outstanding benefits of same day crowns include:
- They’re made out of high-quality dental porcelain, which looks and feels almost like natural tooth enamel.
- They’re no less durable and reliable than crowns that an outside laboratory produces. You can expect your same day crown to last for a good 5 – 10 years (or longer) before you need to get it replaced.
- Caring for your crown is easy. All you have to do is stick to excellent oral hygiene habits, wear a mouthguard during sports or other risky activities, and visit your dentist for routine checkups.
- You won’t have to wear an uncomfortable and unreliable temporary crown for weeks while you wait for your custom restoration to arrive.
Don’t want to wait weeks for a new crown? A same day restoration from a cosmetic dentist in Evergreen is a convenient and reliable way to get your smile back to feeling and looking its best.
About Evergreen Dental Group
Our practice has six amazing, on-staff tooth doctors who are ready to give your smile the A+ treatment it deserves. If you are interested in receiving a same day crown, or if you would like to learn more about our practice and the technology we use, get in touch with us at 303-674-5566.